Salt Water Flush. How Often? How To Do? Is it Dangerous?
Sea Salt Flush Benefits.
It is an effective way utilized as a treatment for bloating, constipation, and cleansing the colon due to its capacity to cause bowel movements.
As a result, you should consider trying this home remedy treatment if you are suffering from irregular bowel movements. Or if you are chronically constipated. It is also recommended as a part of a detox diet or juice fast.
Real unrefined Sea salt such as Himalayan sea salt or Celtic sea salt, has been a very precious way for our ancestors, as they used it to season and enhance the flavor of their dishes and keep them healthy by providing the body with the nutrients it needs.
The most important benefits of sea salt.
- Balances electrolytes: Magnesium, calcium, potassium, and sodium are a great source of electrolytes that are key to a good functioning nervous system, as they are vital for heart health, brain, and muscle. And guess what? all of these amazing minerals are the content of sea salt. this makes it the perfect alternative to electrolyte drinks filled with sugar. Try a mixture of sea salt, water, and a bit of lemon juice, and VOILA!
- Improves digestion: Sea salt has the capacity to stimulate the enzyme called (salivary amylase) that aids in breaking down carbohydrates in the saliva, which makes it a very important component for improving digestion. In addition to that, it performs a strategic role in the creation of hydrochloric acid from which most individuals suffer from a low percentage, and this might cause multiple digestive problems such as bloating, heartburn, gas, indigestion, and might also be the cause of chronic disease and leaky gut.
- Better Hydration: Unlike table salt that dehydrates our bodies by leeching essential minerals from it, sea salt is an effective ingredient for hydration as it contains multiple nutritious elements that keep the body holding on to fluids for a longer amount of time and satisfies our feeling of thirst.
- Blood pressure regulation: High blood pressure is caused by inflammation in the body, which can be a result of consuming too much sugar, and processed food diet, and also white table salt. Hence the importance of real sea salt as it decreases inflammation by providing the needed minerals for the body to enhance its immunity system. This also aids in preventing heart disease and improving heart health.
- Healthier Skin: As mentioned before, sea salt contains anti-inflammatory components that are useful for skin health, such as providing the skin with its nutritious needs, detoxifying the skin while exfoliating, increasing circulation, and has been proven to be an effective remedy for psoriasis, anti-aging, acne, and eczema.
- Prevents muscle cramps: We mentioned earlier in this article that electrolytes are vital for muscle health, and when their percentage in the body is low, it causes cramps, sore muscles, charley horse, and might also cause restless leg syndrome. Epsom salt baths are a must if you are suffering from any form of muscle fatigue because the magnesium contained in the salt affects muscles and the whole body in a good way as it aids in loosening and calming them.
So whenever you plan on doing some intense physical activity you must consider mixing your water with salt before and also after in order to provide your body with minerals it loses while exercising.
- Decreases fluid retention: here is a popular belief stating that dishes seasoned with salt causes bloating or water retention. While this is true for individuals consuming white table salt or refined salt which is utilized in processed food, the contrary occurs when consuming real sea salt as it contains a balanced ratio of potassium and sodium among other minerals, this aids in releasing retained water. If you want to reduce bloating and water retention you must eat healthy food seasoned with real sea salt.
- Nourishes the adrenal glands: Too much stress and eating junk food has become a serious issue these days, as it causes adrenal fatigue of different degrees. When adrenal levels are low the body craves the nutritious elements it needs which are contained in the salt sea.
In addition to their many demanding functions, our adrenal glands release hormones that regulate sodium and potassium in the body. To facilitate this task, the adrenal glands, therefore, need a balance of these minerals through high-quality sea salt. This is particularly essential when they are already fatigued by the stress we impose on them every single day.
salt water benefits for the skin.
It contains minerals that are useful in treating multiple skin conditions, as it is effective in absorbing toxins in the body as well as the skin including bacteria that causes acne, treating infections, and speeds up the process of healing too.
The magnesium in sea salt aids in easing itching and also draws moisture out from bacteria that causes eczema and fungi to stop its growth.
One of the most important benefits for skin is that it has exfoliation capabilities, thanks to its minerals that aid in opening up pores for deeper cleansing, enhance blood flow, and gives the skin the ability to absorb moisturizer.
It aids in regulating the overproduction of oil on the skin thanks to its natural ability to reduce moisture.
Salt water flush: How Often?
Now that you know exactly how beneficial sea salt is, you must be wondering how often should you use sea salt flush? one time a day? 2 times a day? or maybe just 3 times a week? this a question I am going to answer below so keep reading!
I did a lot of research on the matter at hand and I found out that gastroenterologists state that utilizing salt water flush to cleanse or purify your system could hinder the production of bacteria that are beneficial to the digestive system.
Regular sea salt flushes can cause dehydration due to bowel movements, and skin can appear dull due to the lack of both nutrients and calories which are associated with detoxification.
To be 100% certain of saltwater flush efficiency, you should always talk to your doctor as it is not recommended for some individuals with health issues such as high blood pressure, heart disease, kidney or digestive problems, and other serious health illnesses.
So to answer the question plain and simple, don’t overdo it. And before considering this home remedy you should first consult with your doctor.
How To Do Salt water Flush?
here are two ingredients required plus one optional.
It is a simple homemade recipe that requires real sea salt (non-iodized) and water.
The mixture needs to contain 1 to 2 teaspoons of real sea salt and four cups of warm water. Mix the components until dissolved and if you don’t fancy the taste try adding a squeeze of lemon juice.
It is recommended to drink the mixture on an empty stomach preferably the moment you wake up in the morning in order to create bowel movements during the day.
One thing to keep in mind then. Always make sure you are near a bathroom because you most likely will experience sudden and urgent bowel movements.
There exist some risks involving the use of this remedy. Indeed, drinking salt water on an empty stomach might very well cause nausea and vomiting. As well as bloating, dehydration, and cramping.
During colon cleansing, electrolytes levels are imbalanced because of sodium and fluids levels decreasing in a rapid way, which leads to Weakness, seizures, muscle spasms, confusion, blood pressure problems, and irregular heartbeat.
Relevant questions about sea salt.
does salt kill bacteria?
Salt kills certain species of bacteria, most effectively by suctioning out the water in it. In a procedure commonly called osmosis, water is pulled out of a bacterium in order to balance the salt concentrations on either side of its cell membrane. In the absence of water, bacterial proteins such as enzymes are unable to operate and the cell ultimately collapses in on itself.
However, certain bacteria are able to withstand salt. They are halotolerant. There are also strains of Staphylococcus, which are responsible for infections, blood poisoning, and in some cases death, that are halotolerant. These pathogens are equipped with a salt alarm mechanism that utilizes sponge-like molecules to stop the loss of water.
what to eat after salt water flush?
When you finish, grab a light meal and go about your day as you normally would. A cup of bone broth will aid in settling in and curing the bowel. A healthy dose of probiotics will also assist in the growth of healthy bacteria.