How To make Licorice Root Tea: 100% Easy Recipes.
Basic Licorice Root Tea:
- Step 1: Add 3 tablespoons of licorice tea into a pot with 3 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Step 2: When the water is boiling lower the temperature and let the mixture simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Step 3: Tak the pot off the heat and let the solution rest for about 5 minutes.
- Step 4: Finally, using a strainer, serve your tea into a teapot or a mug and enjoy!
4 Simple Licorice Root Tea Recipes.
Ginger Licorice Tea:
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Water: 2 Quarts.
- Licorice Root: 1/4 cup.
- Sliced Ginger.
How to make:
- Step1: In a medium pot, add in the water, licorice, and ginger then bring the ingredients to a boil.
- Step2: Let the mixture simmer for about ten minutes.
- Step3: Using a fine mesh strainer, pour the solution into teacups and SERVE!
Cinnamon Licorice Tea:
- Step 1: Add 4 tablespoons of licorice tea and 2 sticks of cinnamon into a pot with 4 cups of water and bring to aboil.
- Step 2: When the water is boiling lower the temperature and let the Tea simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Step 3: Tak the tea off the heat and let it rest for about 5 minutes.
- Step 4: Pour the tea through a strainer then serve into a teapot or a mug and enjoy!
Licorice Root tea with Orange peel, Ashwagandha Root, Astragalus Root, Eleuthero Root, Chamomile flowers, and Cloves:
- Step 1: Take all the herbs and using a pot and water, bring to a boil.
- Step 2: When reached the boiling stage, bring down the heat and let simmer slowly between 3O to 45 minutes.
- Step 3: Using a strainer pour into the teapot and enjoy.
Licorice Mint Iced Tea:
- Half cup of dried peppermint leaves.
- Half a cup of raw honey.
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint.
- 2 teaspoons of dried licorice root.
How to prepare:
- Step 1: Take a large pot and pour in 6 cups of water and boil on high heat.
- Step 2: When the water is boiled stir in the licorice root the lower the heat.
- Step 3: Cover the pot partially and simmer the mixture for about 10 minutes then remove from heat and stir in peppermint.
- Step 4: Cover the pot and steep for about 10 minutes.
- Step 5: Using a large strainer lined with a damp paper towel over a second pot then strain the tea while pressing on the herbs.
- Step 6: Add in the raw honey and stir until dissolved then let it cool down for about 60 minutes.
- Step 7: Pour the tea over ice and garnish the glasses with a mint sprig and serve!
Why Drink Licorice Tea?
Licorice root tea has many beneficial health components, it was long been used to aid in easing digestive issues and in soothing symptoms caused by and an upset stomach and nausea. In addition, it boasts antispasmodic effects effective in treating bloating and gas.
Why Drink Licorice Tea?
You should always consult with your doctor as large doses of licorice root products might lead to the accumulation of Glycyrrhizin in your system which may be the cause of increases in the stress hormone cortisol.